I will start with a rewrite in the foreseeable future. I am not yet sure which direction I'd like to take with Vicki - but I am toying with the following:
- Possibly rewriting the engine in Java. The speed difference between Java and C is negligible, when the number of objects used are limited. Java also has better testing frameworks (well, from what I could find) and is platform independent. I can also throw in my own GUI, if I like.
- General improvement on absolutely everything from move generation write through to opening/ending databases.
- Multi-threaded searching for multi-core systems. I have access to some serious hardware at work (i.e. 64Gb RAM with 8 quad core processors). Would be interesting to use of of those for a tournament!
- I would like to finally get learning right!
- Full-time up server playing on servers.