Although Vicki is no push-over any more, a significant amount of work still lies ahead. In order of implementation this is:
- A long, hard look at the evaluation function of end-games. Vicki struggles with KQ vs. K (never mind KR vs. K).
- Move ordering within alpha-beta can still be improved.
- Killer-moves, history heuristics and null moves (I may implement transposition tables before null moves though).
- Transposition tables.
- Hash tables (evaluation, pawns, etc.).
- Opening books (adaptive?) and perhaps even end-game databases.
- Factor X.
Version 0.031alpha an now be downloaded at Vicki's home.