Tuesday, 15 May 2007

Testing 1, 2, 3,..., 99282111917764

I am currently experimenting with killer-moves, splitting of the evaluation function (opening, middle and end-game), aspiration windows and all kinds of small tricks. For now, I'm leaving transposition tables for later. The idea is to optimise this part of the engine so that the impact of transposition tables will be maximum.

I'm running tournaments on my computer and I wrote a little Java application to upload the file to my FTP account every now and again. The current tourney is between 9 engines, 15 minutes a side and 2 rounds. For up-to-date, semi-real time updates, visit the test page.


Anonymous said...

Hello !
I'm Anonymous who wrote to you (16 avril) .
Good work on your vicki ! It seems you improve it quickly . Good continuation and for your respons , no I have not a blog , but my engine (named JARS 1.59) is available (whith small read me file ) at Leo site WBEC ridderkerk


Jaco van Niekerk said...

Hi dany
Thanks for the post. Yes, I have already downloaded your engine and I'm playing against as a benchmark engine for Vicki. Your engine is also doing quite well! Keep it up and good luck.

Anonymous said...

Hello !
I test Jars against vicky (40 moves/5 minutes)

3.5-1.5 for Jars at this moment



Jaco van Niekerk said...

hi dany - I am planning a new release soon. The new release will feature transposition tables, revised evaluation (different for each gamestate), killer moves, aspiration windows, etc. Should make a difference in overall playing strength :-) Keep up the good work!!