Monday, 19 November 2007

Refactoing & revisiting

There are few things as annoying as a dormant blog - and here I am doing the exact same thing. I've recently revisit Vicki and I am in the process of refactoring the engine. I have found some bugs with the repetition detection and I am spending some time to get the engine stable. Once this is complete, I'll start working in getting the engine up to scratch.

One element that has been missing from Vicki is decent testing. For the time being I've identified 28 engines, ranging from weak to rather strong. The idea is to put Vicki in a gantlet against them and work with the final score as an indication of strength (2 rounds, from the starting position). Later on I'll try the test suites again.

Let see how it goes...